Detroit, MI/ Dec 22 – 24 / 35 Metro-Detroit Freeway Shootings Since June 15th
- 12/22 11:15 PM Michigan State Police are investigating a shooting which occurred at the top of the exit ramp from East Bound I-96 and Greenfield. No injuries were reported but a Dodge SUV was struck. The light-colored suspect vehicle, driven by a young black male, continued south on Greenfield. No motive was given.
- 12/24 4:00 AM Bullet-riddled white BMW found on I-696 near Southfield Rd. Warren Police have stated that the vehicle was involved in a incident somewhere in their city…
There have been (at least) 35 reported freeway shootings since June 15th The majority of the shootings have happened on I-96 and Southfield Freeway.
- Eleven attributed to road rage
- Nine were parties that knew each other
- Fifteen with unknown motives
Exercise caution when driving Metro-Detroit freeways between 2 p.m. and 10 p.m. on weekdays. Yield right away no matter what. De-escalate if possible. Stay out of the leftmost lane (I can guarantee you someone wants to go faster ).