Detroit, MI/ Nov 29 / Detroit Freeway Shooting Count Increases by Two
- Wednesday morning at about 10:30 a.m. on westbound Interstate 94 near Interstate 75, a female driver and male passenger engaged in a confrontation with a man driving a blue minivan. The suspect in the minivan fired shots with a handgun at the victims, striking their vehicle.
- The Detroit Police responded to a crash scene at Grand River and Lindsay. After the police left, both vehicles the freeway and the suspect pointed a weapon at the victim and fired an unknown number of shots then fled the scene.
There have been (at least) 31 reported freeeway shootings since June 15th The majority of the shootings have happened on I-96 and Southfield Freeway.
- Eleven attributed to road rage
- Nine were parties knew each other
- Eleven with unknown motives
Exercise caution when driving Metro-Detroit freeways between 2 p.m. and 10 p.m. on weekdays. Yield right away no matter what. De-escalate if possible. Stay out of the leftmost lane (I can guarantee you someone wants to go faster ).