DETROIT, MI/ Sept 25 / Detroit Police Accuse BLM of Conspiring to Disrupt Peace
Lawyers for Detroit Police respond to Federal Lawsuit: Detroit Will Breathe “encouraged violence against police and destruction of property, and that the group “was incorporated, in part, for the purpose of militant resistance.”
- Sept. 4th Judge issued temporary restraining order prohibiting police from: using striking weapons, chemical agents, choke holds, tightening zip ties, mass arrests
- Sept. 10th City sought amendment of the orignal order to include: prohibition vandalizing property, throwing any objects at police officers, inciting violence, and loitering or blocking public roads and sidewalks, require protesters to obey police officers’ lawful commands, such as moving from one place to another or leaving a demonstration.
- Sept. 16th the Judge denied a motion to ban violent protest activities , DPD agreed to be bound by the original temporary 14 – 28 day restraining order on some crowd control techniques
- Sept. 18th agreement Rules of Engagement Agreement approved by judge.
- Sept. 21 Detroit Will Breathe posted on their Facebook page: “ In federal court last week, Judge Michelson ordered an indefinite extension of Detroit Will Breathe’s temporary restraining order…”
No injuries or arrests reported