[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.8.2″ header_font=”Open Sans|700|||||||” header_font_size=”45px” header_2_font=”Open Sans|||on|||||” header_3_font=”Open Sans|700|||||||” header_3_font_size=”26px” background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]
Looking for our Shipping & Return Policy? Click here.
What kind of information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
How do we use that information?
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How we protect your information:
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is kept completely confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed by American Contingency or its agents to process your order.
The Site is not directed to children, and American Contingency does not knowingly solicit information from any child under the age of 18. Should a child whom we know to be under 18 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or a parent or guardian) to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
How is this information used?
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.8.2″ hover_enabled=”0″ disabled_on=”on|on|on” disabled=”on” sticky_enabled=”0″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.8.2″ header_font=”Open Sans|700|||||||” header_font_size=”45px” header_2_font=”Open Sans|||on|||||” header_3_font=”Open Sans|700|||||||” header_3_font_size=”26px” background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain services available on the Site. These may include: (a) sending us an email message; (b) registering for an account on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services you have requested from us. We may also gather personal or non-personal information in the future.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
use of your personal information
American Contingency collects and uses your personal information to operate its website and deliver the services you have requested.
American Contingency may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from American Contingency and its affiliates.
Who we share your data with
American Contingency does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
American Contingency may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. American Contingency may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to American Contingency, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
American Contingency may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on American Contingency or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of American Contingency; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of American Contingency, or the public.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
tracking user behavior
American Contingency may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within American Contingency, in order to determine what American Contingency services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content within American Contingency to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically collected information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by American Contingency. The information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the American Contingency website.
Right to deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
– Delete your personal information from our records; and
– Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
– Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
– Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
– Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
– Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
– Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
– Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
– Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
– Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
children under thirteen
American Contingency does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
changes to this statement
Effective as of July 16, 2020