DETROIT, MI/ Nov. 4 – 7 / TCF Center
Four days of minor protests centered on Detroit’s ballot counting process at the TCF Center.
- 11/04 Dozens of people answered the social media call to support GOP vote challengers being denied entrance to do their job. People in the counting room put cardboard over the windows.
- 11/05 Approximately 40 people and 3 counter protesters Three people from Freedom Works distributed preprinted signs. No reports of violence, injuries or arrests. Access to the building and approach well barricaded. Visible Police presence minimal but active
- 11/06 Dozens of protesters. Shortly before 1 p.m. a group of about a dozen counter-protesters arrived and began chanting “No more years!” and “(F—) Trump and (F—) the Proud Boys”. A construction barrier had been errected overnight and both groups were kept apart. Much heavier police presence included K9 units. A bomb threat came at 5:18 p.m. proved to be a fake. No reports of violence or injuries. Driver of the Trump Unity Bridge was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- 11/07 Nothing noteworthy
TCF Center 1 Washington Blvd, Detroit MI 48226
- 11/04 – FaceBook deactivates page of group “Stand Up Michigan to Unlock Michigan” alledgely issued a “Urgent call to action in Detroit” at the TCF Center
- 11/04 – GOP watchers gather outside when are denied access to ballot counting room based on COVID-19 occupancy restrictions.
- 11/04 – GOP watchers gained entrance through back door and began banging on windows
- 11/04 – people inside the ballot counting room blocked the windows with cardboard.
- 11/05 – Original Protect The Vote Rally by Tea Party Patriots. State of Michigan now removed as rally site from organization’s website.
- 11/05 – President Trump’s legal team filed claim that election challengers were denied “meaningful access” to the process of adjudicating disputed ballots
- 11/06 – Judge dismisses lawsuit.
- 11/06 – Dozen of protestors
- 11/06 – Encounter with counter-protesters
STANDARD REPORT FORMAT: