Detroit, MI/ Dec 15 & 18 / Two More Metro Detroit Freeway Shootings
- Dec. 15 10:35 PM Man shot in the leg on the local lanes of East bound I-96, east of M-39. It is unclear whether the victim was shot by an occupant in another vehicle or from the side of the freeway.
- Dec. 18 8:40 PM Victims were driving on eastbound I 696 near Campbell Road in the city of Royal Oak when shot at by a light colored vehicle for a unknown reason. There were no injuries to the occupants of the victim vehicle
There have been (at least) 33 reported freeway shootings since June 15th The majority of the shootings have happened on I-96 and Southfield Freeway.
- Eleven attributed to road rage
- Nine were parties that knew each other
- Thirteen with unknown motives
Exercise caution when driving Metro-Detroit freeways between 2 p.m. and 10 p.m. on weekdays. Yield right away no matter what. De-escalate if possible. Stay out of the leftmost lane (I can guarantee you someone wants to go faster ).